To publish your app created with Mowico, you will need to obtain a developer account from Apple. The annual fee for an Apple Developer account is $99. We recommend setting your account to auto-renew.
Follow these steps to create your Apple Developer Account:
1. D-U-N-S Number
Getting a D-U-N-S number is the first step in creating your Apple Developer Account. This number is a unique nine-digit code that identifies your business entity on a location-specific basis. Your D-U-N-S number will be used to check the identity and legal entity status of your organisation as a part of your enrollment verification process for joining the Apple Developer Program.
While many types of businesses can get a D-U-N-S number, your business must be recognized as a legal entity (e.g. a corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company) to enter into the legal terms and obligations of the Apple Developer Program agreements. DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names and branches are not accepted.
Dun & Bradstreet may have already assigned your organisation a free D-U-N-S number. Before enrolling, use the D-U-N-S number look-up tool to check if you have one. If your company is not listed, you will have the option to submit your information to D&B for a free D-U-N-S number.
You will be asked for the following information when requesting a D-U-N-S number using the D-U-N-S number lookup tool:
- Legal entity name
- Headquarter address
- Mailing address
- Your work contact information
As part of their verification process, a D&B representative may contact you directly for more information (e.g. type of business, number of employees). Please have your business registration documents ready.
After requesting a D-U-N-S number, please allow up to 5 business days to receive your number from D&B. Expediting your D-U-N-S number creation process will not shorten this waiting period. If your application has taken longer than two weeks to process, please email D&B.
Once you receive your D-U-N-S number, please allow up to 2 business days for Apple to receive your information from D&B. After this period, you may enrol as a company/organisation in the Apple Developer Program.
2. Enrollment for the Apple Developer
Once your D-U-N-S number is activated:
- Visit the Apple Developer Program website.
- Click the “Start your enrollment” button.
- Sign in using an existing Apple ID, or click “Create yours now” to create a new Apple ID.
- Read carefully the Apple Developer Agreement, then select the “By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree…” box, and click the “Submit” button.
- Under “Select Entity Type”, you must enter the Company/Organisation in the Entity Type dropdown, and select “Continue”.
Please note that it is extremely important that you register as a Company/Organisation and not as a personal account. We cannot support
Individual accounts. Do not register as an Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business.
- Under “Tell me about your organisation”, you will need to enter the Legal Entity Name and D-U-N-S number exactly as listed in the D-U-N-S confirmation email.
- Fill in your personal Contact Information for your iOS Developer Account.
- At the bottom of the screen, read the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, check the “By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree…” box, then click “Continue”.
- Confirm the Apple ID Information, Entity Type and Contact Information, and hit “Continue”.
- You should hear back from Apple within the next 24 to 48 hours to the submitted email or phone call to verify the enrollment.
Please keep in mind that if your enrollment is not approved in the next 24 to 48 hours, please use this link to contact Apple Support and inquire about the status of your enrollment.
- Once Apple reaches out via phone or email to verify the account, you should receive a follow-up email prompting you to submit the annual enrollment fee.
- Revisit your Apple Developer dashboard, fill in the billing information, and press “Continue” to complete the payment and setup of your Developer Apple Account.
3. Final Step: Invite Mowico to Apple Developer Account
Once your account is finalised, you will need to invite Mowico to your account by following the steps below:
- Start by logging into your Apple Store Connect Account via https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/login
- Click on “Users and Access”.
- Click on the “+” symbol.
- Then, invite email@example.com as an Admin with Developer Resources enabled.
- Click “Invite”.
- Your account implementation specialist will reach out to you upon receiving your invitation.
To learn more about Mowico, visit Mowico Insights to become a mobile app expert & boost your mobile commerce sales!
Have more questions on creating an App Store developer account, we’re happy to help! Please reach out to Mowico Support Team through our LiveChat in your dashboard or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.